Friday, January 24, 2014

Layered with Color - "It's Ok"

I dread having to go outside in this cold weather, especially when commuting into DC for
work. But,
what works for me is wearing layers; and since I was heading into the office for a full day of meetings and presentations, I decided to layer up and add some color. Wearing something other than a navy blue, black, or brown suit is ok. Yes, I said it, it's ok. It's ok to wear color, it's ok to wear a nice shoe, it's ok to conduct your meetings in style-it's ok... Say it with me, "IT'S OK!" 
I remember years ago watching Nancy Pelosi on TV speaking and wearing a color suit with beautiful accessories and I was impressed - a highly respected government official expressing herself through her personal style while still handling business and involved in making key decisions. When I decided to include a photo of Nancy Pelosi, I didn't know I would find one with her wearing a red jacket too - so cool.

There are several ways to add color to your office look. Do so with a color jacket, blouse, dress, pant shoe, or suit.  So if you aren't already, add some color to your office look and walk in the room with all eyes on you - not just because you decided to wear a beautiful green blouse with a blue skirt, but because while you look good, your ideas, perspectives, and recommendations look better!      Continue to Unleash the Real You!-MLStyles 
I'm a Mary Kay Woman! - "Una Mujer Puede - One Woman Can"
 




Jacket Elie Tahari - Closet Find (you are going to love this pink blazer Banana Republic)
White Shirt - New York and Company
Sweater Target - Closet Find (similar Target)
Tights - I love Walmart George Women's Control Top and they are very inexpensive - under $10
Bootie Rachel Roy - Closet Find (click this link because you are going to love this Rachel Roy shoe Shopstyle)
Silver Bowler Handbag - I found this cute faux bag at K&G. I love the color and style.



1 comment:

  1. I love the look. I always liked color. You are great withe the articles. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Continue to unleash the real you and love your fashion style.

MLStyles