Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Stepping into 40


I am celebrating and stepping into 40 today. This journey has been filled with many ups and downs,


unpredictable and unexpected moments, happy and sad times, and experiences that shaped me to become the woman I am. Like giving birth to my Son-shine Sean at 16 years and instead of going to school to take the math exam I prepared for, I went to the labor and delivery instead (I wasn't happy about that) lol. However, I took the makeup exam, passed and the rest is history. And the joyous occasion of marrying my Chris aka Mr. Ames who is such a selfless, humble person who has always loved me and had my back. 
  
The occasion that almost literally caused me to give up on life when I received the unexpected phone call that my sister Shonda was being rushed by medic vac to Johns Hopkins Bay View Burn Center because she was burned in a house, and I had to go to noon day prayer to let me mother know and then only having her for 2 weeks after. While I was upset that she was called home at the young age of 17, I remember to this day feeling like she knew she wasn't going to be with us long because of how carefree she was and the conversations she had the week leading up to that event. I also found comfort in knowing that God my creator, my savior, my Lord does all things well and makes no mistakes - she's my angel. There are so many more moments and not enough time. But I'll sum it all up by saying without God I am nothing and like David said in Psalms 34:1 " I will bless the Lord at all times, his praise shall continually be in my mouth." In addition I'm grateful for the wonderful parents, spritual parents, God parents, siblings, friends, associates and peers God placed in my life.
So thanks for celebrating turning 40 years with me and enjoy my Fierce, Faboulous and Fearless at 40RTY kick off Shoe Event at DSW. Some family and friends joined me for a night of shoe therapy in honor of my love affair with shoes. Shoutout to Courtney, Erin, Aries, and Corey for serving us and making this a night to remember. #shoelover #dsw. Thanks for stopping by and continue to Unleash the Real You!-MLStyles 
Shop the Look:
Top: Forever 21
Skirt: Rainbow
Jacket: Closet find (Boscovs)
Shoe: French Connection at DSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Continue to unleash the real you and love your fashion style.

MLStyles