Monday, May 5, 2014

Party in Black Peplum

Chris and I attended a dinner party over the weekend. I was up in the air about wearing color or black and as you can see, I went with my go to. I always try to find that balance between not dressing
to casual or to dressy for the occasion. Since this was a 50th dinner party at a nice restaurant, I went with a peplum top and pencil skirt. I love the high neck and faux leather trim detailing that cascades down the right side of the top; such a great look and work of art. So here are my quick tips when trying to dress for a party:
  • Identify the type of party you are attending so you can dress appropriately. You don't want to show up to a dinner party dressed like you are heading to a beach party.
  • Know the dress code. Some invitations will include this information. If not and you aren't sure, ask? It's better to know in advance than to find out when you show-up.
  • Be comfortable and confident. I always tell women, when you achieve the look that makes you happy, you must also be comfortable and confident in it. If the shoes are cute but hurt your feet, don't wear them. If they hurt when you try them on, leave them in the store regardless how cute they are. (Ladies, we don't do crying feet). Also, if you are wondering if your boobs are going to fall out, or if your skirt or pants is going to split when you move or bend down the whole night, then you are not comfortable and you definitely are not going to walk with confidence because you are worrying more about a wardrobe malfunction then your beautiful presence at the party.
  • Accessories Matter: Your accessories can always change your look. Weather it's the turning heads shoe, eye-catching jewelry or the must have hand bag, make a statement through one or all of those pieces.
  • Compromise: Yes I said it. It's ok to compromise sometimes to make your significant other happy. So everyone knows I am wearing wavy hair, but Mr. Ames asked at 8am that day if I was wearing wavy hair for the party and what happened to my Easter hair. That was his nice way of saying he liked that style over the wavy look. I didn't want to change my hair at first but after considering his feelings, I compromised and it didn't take away from the outfit or our great evening together. I actually liked the look, but don't tell him I said that. lol 
So whatever you decide to wear to your next party, remember to have fun and to Unleash the Real You! Thanks for stopping by everyone!-MLStyles
Shop the Look:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Continue to unleash the real you and love your fashion style.

MLStyles