Friday, May 9, 2014

Love Your Curves

Some outfits cause you to wow them with your curves. Growing up I was thin and I remember being nicknamed chicken because of my thin built. As I started maturing into womanhood, I started

spreading in areas that I hated for the most part, while others told me that they wish they had my shape. I recall and still hear this statement today; "I wish I had that curvy shape." Well, the reality of why I didn't like having such a shape that emphasized my full bottom was because of the improper things boys would say out of their mouths when I walked down the street or through the hallways of my middle school. Another part of my dislike was because as a young woman growing up in the church, I was always reminded that I was more shapely than others. Therefore, I had to be mindful of what I wore so I didn't offend anyone. Now I always had positive body image and self-esteem, but a little part of me hated the attention that came with having a curvy shape that emphasized my wide hips and butt and being viewed differently because of it.

But I'm happy to say I have learned to embrace and love how God made me and what he gave me. The fact that I love my body doesn't give me a free pass to wear whatever, because the reality is some things just do not look good on me. While other things I am just not going to wear. 

As women, we must understand, just because we can fit it doesn't mean it is meant for us to wear it. Sometimes, women forget that principle when getting caught up in the whole I love my body, this is who I am, I'm unleashed. Most of you know that I strongly believe and encourage one to wear what makes them happy; but more importantly I am a firm believer in wearing what compliments both your personal fashion style and body.

I am comfortable in my skin and I'm comfortable wearing what works for me, even if it means it shows the Green-girls curves - like this beautiful, vibrant  two-piece set does I found at JCPenny while shopping to style my sister Lee. The fit is very comfortable and the high-low pencil skirt is a great detailing that didn't take away from the fit of the skirt. I encourage you to love and embrace who God made you to be and not who people want you to or think you should be. Thanks for stopping by and continue to Unleash the Real You!-MLStyles
Shop the Look:

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Continue to unleash the real you and love your fashion style.

MLStyles