Monday, March 16, 2015

Party Chic

 
Celebrated my brother Brandon (Donna's husband) 30th birthday over the weekend. Like any woman, I had to figure out what to wear. Do I shop in my closet for everything or do a
combination of closet shopping and the mall? Well, I went with the latter. So let me share with you how I pulled it off. 
  
I first decided on the color and the look I wanted to achieve. Since the dress code was casual chic, I wanted to make sure I pulled off a fun yet powerful casual look. Next, I determined what kind of garment I wanted to wear (e.g. dress, pants, skirt). Once I had those things figured out, I had my foundation to shop. Although I have plenty of clothes to choose from, I just could not find something that would help me create the look I wanted. So I went shopping and found this top (Express) and skirt (JC Penny).
  
I am a firm believer in bargain shopping, so this outfit was around $50. Remember, you don't have to break the bank to look good. With that said, I made a decision not to buy a new pair of shoes. Yup I said that LOL!!! The shoe was already in my possession and I only wore them twice since buying them a year ago. Now after pulling everything together, I had a wardrobe malfunction at the party. My colored bra that wasn't showing through the top was showing when the camera flashed and I was hot!!
   
But my sister Lee came to my rescue because she had an extra bra she just purchased in her garment bag. When I told her let me try it, she laughed because we don't wear the same size, but desperate times call for desperate measures. We made it work and made sure it was a smooth finished look. Although I felt better, I must admit, I was so glad to take that bra off when I got home.
  
So the morale of the story is, stick with a black or nude color bra under your black tops and pack extra undergarments when getting dressed away from home. I will talk more about wearing the right undergarments in future posts because what's underneath can help polish your entire look.
  
There were so many women expressing their own style at the part and so I wanted to share a few looks I enjoyed with you. Thanks for stopping by and continue to Unleash The Real You!- Melkia "MLStyles" Ames 

 
(DONNA)

(MIA)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Continue to unleash the real you and love your fashion style.

MLStyles