Friday, February 6, 2015

Black Plush

Hi everyone. So if you've been following me on Instagram, then you know it's official.
I'm a grandma! Known to the world as "Glamma" but to my beautiful Sophia Morgan who arrived January 15, I'm "Mama Kia." While I didn't think I would be embracing this chapter of my life at 39 years old, I'm great.

I am always asked "How do you feel about this?" The reality is when Sean told me I would be a grandma, he also told me after he shared it with his dad, because he knew what my reaction would be. Are you crazy? You are too young! You are not married! You are still trying to figure out your life! This really means no more children for me! LOL

But after being upset for months, I learned to come to terms with it. Now I am happy! When I saw Sophia enter the world, all of those other feelings went out the door. I now focus on loving Sophia and assisting my son and his girlfriend Monica with raising her. 

I'm not your average grandma so don't expect me to fit in a box. I'll continue to embrace my style, wear what makes me happy and try new pieces and looks. This look was worn to a funeral service; simple with a little edge and wrapped in a warm plush black coat. I love this circle skirt and the placement of the mesh fabric. Thanks for stopping by and Continue to Unleash the Real You!-MLStyles
Shop the Look:
Top: Closet find (Walmart)
Skirt: ASOS
Shoe: Guess Macy's
Coat: Vintage find


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Continue to unleash the real you and love your fashion style.

MLStyles