Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Black and White Stripes Galore



I'm learning to embrace hangout time beyond jeans. Don't get me wrong, I love wearing jeans and I plan
to share some looks with you in future blog posts. But I realized I will reach for a pair of jeans before anything else. So, I am making a conscious effort to purchase and wear reasonable pieces that are hangout friendly-fun-cute-comfortable and make me feel good. Black and white stripes are conversation starters and edgy.
Women of all races and ethnicities, shapes and sizes can wear this pattern. The key is to make sure you choose pieces that fit your body type, personality and compliments you. For example wearing stripes on top with a solid bottom may work better for you than wearing stripes all over. Also, pair black and white stripes with a color shoe and handbag and watch your look come alive. Not paying attention to these key aspects can work against your look.

I decided to wear this black and white striped cropped top and pencil skirt (JC Penny) while hanging out with my brother Nate. I wore a cotton body tank underneath since the weather was cool and paired it with this zip-front cut out wedge shoe I discovered at Khols. Nate was fascinated with my look and most importantly we had a great time together. Thanks for stopping by and continue to Unleash the Real You!-MLStyles.
Shop the look:
Cropped top and skirt: JC Penny (skirt sold out similar here Revolve Clothing)
Handbag faux leather: (closet find) similar Nine West

1 comment:

  1. Nice look, stunning outfit & the shoes are hott! I plan to check out Kohls. Keep blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Continue to unleash the real you and love your fashion style.

MLStyles