Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Blue and White Stripes

I rarely wear A-line dresses, but if you look in my sisters', Lee and Tyra closets, you'll find an entire  collection of them.
I decided to give this one I discovered at Burlington Coat Factory a try and I was pleasantly surprised that I loved the look. I really liked how the dress flattered my waistline and streamlined my hips. Now this dress is sleeveless, so I decided to pair it with a cardigan and cinched my waist with this thin navy belt. Although I'm wearing a scarf outside to protect my neck from the air, I paired the dress with a statement necklace and earring I also purchased at BCF. You can easily change your look with the accessories you wear. I encourage you to play around with pairing an outfit already in your closet with a different accessory or a fun shoe - you just might like it!!

Here are a few of my basic tips to wear an A-line dress.
Right size and material: the wrong size dress will make you appear to be bigger than you are and the wrong material can cause the dress not to flatter your frame. Make sure to take both of these into consideration so it fits your body shape well.
Belt: wear a belt to emphasize your waist. Belts are fun. Choose a color that matches the dress, such as I did, or a contrasting color.
Shoe: wear a heel to dress up your look and elongate your shape or wear a cute flat to make the look casual.
Blazer: wear a blazer or cardigan with it to the office, church, meeting or brunch for a more conservative look.
Accessories: wear statement jewelry such as chandelier earrings, large bracelets or a bold necklace to become the focal point of the outfit. This works especially well with a simple dress so your jewelry isn't competing with your outfit.

Thanks for stopping by everyone and continue to Unleash the Real You!-MLStyles
Photos by Jobes Photography by Donte'
Shop the Look
Dress & Cardigan: Burlington Coat Factory
Necklace and Earrings: BCF
Scarf: (closet find) - BCF
Belt: (closet find) - The Limited
Pump: Nine West

1 comment:

  1. Hi sis, this a very nice look! The scarf was a nice touch to your look. Oh, and I'm loving the animal print, my fav.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Continue to unleash the real you and love your fashion style.

MLStyles