Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Happy Anniversary - Black Lace Dress

 I'm loving life!!! Happy Anniversary!!!

While I just celebrated my 39th birthday, I'm also celebrating my 1 year blog anniversary. The older I get the more I realize what's important to me and what's not. Faith in God, family, friends, love, happiness, success, and of course fashion!  

Fashion from the perspective of wearing what I love and what makes me happy and creating my own trends while trying trends that I admire. So let me share with you the response to the question I get often. How do I shop for what I love and pull it all together?

1. Don't break the bank - Always pay your bills first and stay within your budget
2. Buy what you can afford - Don't try to keep up with others and the latest trends.
3. Shop for bargains - Shop the sales rack for staple pieces or must have items you want but just can not afford or you choose not to pay for at the regular price.
4. Visit a goodwill or a vintage shop - Find unique pieces at affordable prices.
5. Don't over do it - Sometimes I take a break from shopping for a few weeks and shop in my closet. This helps me to do an inventory check and rediscover things I have not worn in a while to bring them back to life. 
6. Experiment - Make what you buy work for your style and personality.   

So implementing the tips I shared above helped me achieve the look you see here. I discovered this dress at H&M for $40. It's short so I customized it to my liking by adding a tutu, I purchased last fall from a vintage shop, underneath. This is one of my favorite pieces and you can do so much with it to drastically change your look for any occasion(wear with a pair of leggings, a pencil skirt or a hoody and a pair of joggers). I completed my look with a closet find Jessica Simpson pump(still available at Macys)and Traci Lynn Fashion Jewelry from her fall collection-I love this "Hail to the Queen" piece, enough said lol!  

Well unleashers there you have it! Thank you for supporting me, following me, and sharing much love! I'm looking forward to continuing this journey with you and future unleashers; including my granddaughter due to arrive in February!- Get EXCITED!!!  
Thanks for your prayers and for stopping by. Continue to Unleash the Real You!-MLStyles

Live Life to the Fullest "God First, Family Second, Career Third"

1 comment:

  1. Kudos MLStyles! I love this look on you. It's tons of inspiration and a very nice way to celebrate your 1 year blogging in style! Blessings for the year to come.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Continue to unleash the real you and love your fashion style.

MLStyles